CHIMNEY SWEEPING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Appointment Time. The arranged appointment time is to be considered as an estimate of the arrival time to within 30 minutes. Problems with preceding jobs and traffic conditions will have an effect on arrival time. We will phone the customer if the arrival time is likely to be more than 30 minutes after the arranged time. If this inconveniences the customer then the appointment time can be re-arranged.
- Payment. Payment for the work is to be made on completion of the work. The sweeping certificate will not be issued until payment is made. Payment can be made on invoice by prior agreement. Invoice payment must be completed in full within 28 days. Payment may be by Cheque, Cash or BACS/Instant Transfer (BACS & Instant Transfer by prior agreement).
- Cancellation. If the customer wishes to cancel or re-arrange the appointment then this should be done as soon as possible. If we arrive at the address for a previously agreed appointment, and are not required, or the customer is not present, or we cannot complete the work through no fault of ours the customer will be liable for a call out charge. If the customer is excessively late for the previously agreed appointment, a call out fee will be charged.
- Parking and Access. We require safe and legal parking and access. On arranging the appointment the customer is to confirm the situation and advise us accordingly. In situations where Hiltons Chimneys has to pay for parking, the parking fee will be charged to the customer. If on arriving at the property and we are unable to park safely or legally, or at a sensible distance from the property, then Hiltons Chimneys has the right to cancel the appointment and the customer will be liable for a call out charge. Please ensure that we have adequate access to the appliance carry out the work.
- Health and Safety. Hiltons Chimneys will take all reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of the customer and occupants at the property. The customer must act on Hiltons Chimneys advice with regards to health and safety while the work is in progress. Failure to act may result in termination of the work with full payment to be made. The customer is to ensure that the working area is safe and hygienic for Hiltons Chimneys to enter. If we find the property dangerous to enter, the work will not proceed and the customer will be liable for a call out charge. If the chimney/fireplace is found to contain asbestos components, the work will cease. The customer may be liable for the full payment and safe removal of the asbestos must be carried out before the work can be completed. Working at heights is a weather dependant activity. Hiltons Chimneys has the right to cancel an appointment for work that involves ascending ladders or the use of mobile access equipment if the weather is judged to compromise safety. If equipment has been hired for the work, the customer will be liable for the cost. No other additional charge will be made for our time and the appointment will be re-arranged.
- Power Supply. The customer is to supply power for the sweeping or work. This will be mainly for the vacuum. If on arrival at the property, no power supply is available, the work may continue but without the use of the vacuum.
- Waste Disposal. Any product of cleaning a chimney or appliance will be disposed of in the customer’s own waste disposal bins (soot is classed as household waste). Hiltons Chimneys is not licensed or authorized to remove waste products.
- Standard of work. Hiltons Chimneys will take all measures to adequately protect the property from dirt, soot and equipment. Fireplaces will be completely covered. All walkways will be sheeted. Hiltons Chimneys cannot be held responsible in the event of dirt/soot escaping the protective covering, due to the abnormalities/ill-fitting fire places/surrounds. Hiltons Chimneys take every care when sweeping chimneys with bird guards fitted. We cannot be held responsible in the event of a bird guard or chimney pot being disturbed (and subsequent damage) when sweeping takes place. If the chimney pot /stack is disturbed during sweeping it is not considered ‘fit for purpose’ and Hiltons Chimneys cannot be held responsible.
STOVE INSTALLATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By agreeing to the quotation and paying the 50% deposit you are accepting the following terms and conditions:
- Hiltons Chimneys enters into Contract with the customer solely on the terms of these conditions, and no representation or warranty shall bind Hiltons Chimneys and no statement, made by any representative of Hiltons Chimneys shall vary these conditions unless printed and signed by Hiltons Chimneys.
- Materials: All Materials supplied and/or fitted by Hiltons Chimneys will comply with HETAS recommendations and be of good quality and suitable for use under those recommendations. Minor blemishes and imperfections that do not impede performance are in the nature of stoves and chimneys, and are not covered by warranty. This does not affect your statutory rights. Despite Hiltons Chimneys best endeavours installations may not be aesthetically perfect due to the peculiarities in fireplaces, stoves, chimneys, hearths and buildings design and construction. The customer accepts that unavoidable compromises may be necessary during this installation (under the above), placing HETAS standards above minor aesthetic considerations. Until full payment has been made to Hiltons Chimneys, all materials shall remain the property of Hiltons Chimneys.
- HETAS Certificates of Compliance will only be issued once full payment has been received.
- Hiltons Chimneys undertakes to repair or replace, free of charge, any materials proven defective as a result of faulty manufactured materials or workmanship within 3 months from installation.
- Interference with or modification to the Installation if undertaken by other persons, including damage due to accident or misuse and faults or premature deterioration resulting from misuse or abuse or the use of inappropriate and damp fuels invalidates any warranty on stoves and chimneys so-damaged or to make significant charges.
- Customers’ failure to correctly maintain and use installations are excluded. Hiltons Chimneys may increase the charges for service calls of this nature, or may refuse to rectify related issues.
- Exclusions apply to service-replaceable stove and flue parts including door and glass seals, glass, grates, fuel retention bars, ash-cans, register plates, sweeping accesses and seals, internal stove linings, dampers, closing plates, flue outlets, baffles, tools, door seals, and door latches and to any part of the stove or chimney damaged by excess heat, chimney fires, abuse, misuse, water damage or adverse weather.
- Due to constantly changing regulations it is the sole responsibility of the customer to dispose of any waste material. i.e.. Soot, Stove packaging, Fireplace bricks and Mortar.
- Warranty facilities apply only to the original customer and are neither extendable nor transferrable to any other party.
- The charges for the fitting contract or the balance due plus any extras arising during installation, is to be paid in full when installation is complete and before the installer leaves the customer’s premises.
- The presence of any alleged defect does not constitute a reason for withholding any payment. Any costs of pursuit of the customer for outstanding payments will be charged.
- Hiltons Chimneys will seek to agree to and/or rectify any potential issues with the customer post-implementation, only provided that all payments due to date have been made.
- The terms and conditions shall not be construed so as to unfairly limit the statutory rights of customers whose acceptance of a quotation implies full acceptance of these terms and conditions.